Brief Description and Terms and Conditions Summary
Description of service
THE RACE ORGANISER Limited (“the race organiser”, “theraceorganiser.com (the Site)” “We”, “Us”, “Our”,) provides a simple and quick means for event organisers (“Organisers”,“Merchants” “You” or “Your”) to publicise sporting events and collect payments with respect to the sale of entries or merchandise to Users (“Buyers”, “Participants”, “Event Registrants”, “You”, “Your”).
Organisers must have a registered the race organiser account (free of charge) to create a new event. Organisers may add feature-rich content to their event (such as course maps, custom entry questions, pricing information, location, inventory, images etc) and collect event registration fees directly from Users. Organisers understand and agree that all payments are transferred through our preferred Facilitated Payment Model (FPM) provider, Stripe.
How it works
The Race Organiser event entry system offers a web-based platform where you can promote your event and associated information, where credit and debit payments are processed securely and speedily, letting you get on with what you do best - ie delivering a well organised and well supported event that gets people coming back year on year.
Terms of The Race Organiser Website Use
All use of the theraceorganiser.com site to enter events, interact with linked information or for event organisers to register events is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
No event entry participant will be able to register for any event unless they agree to the terms and conditions outlined both by The Race Organiser and those of the respective event Organiser
No event Organiser will be able to register their event unless they agree to the The Race Organiser terms and conditions outlined and in doing so, make a declaration of acceptance of full responsibility for all aspects related to the event, This includes providing evidence that the event carries its own cancellation and refund policy and acceptance of sole responsibility for issuing any refunds.
THE RACE ORGANISER LIMITED uses the Facilitated Payment Model “Stripe” to process payments.
2. Facilitated Payment Modes (FPM)
Stripe FPM Payment Processing
It is the Organisers sole responsibility to provide any refunds requested by the Buyer, including any Booking Fees, via the the race organiser admin interface or the Stripe admin interface. THE RACE ORGANISER LTD will not be held responsible for, or liable for, any financial disputes between Event Organisers and Buyers, and Organisers hereby agree to fully indemnify THE RACE ORGANISER LTD and its affiliates for, refunds, errors in issuing refunds, or lack of refunds in connection with the use of the Stripe payment option.
3. Confirmation of transaction
Upon successful payment for each transaction, EVENTAC LTD’s administrative interface generates a confirmation message and receipt to the Buyer with details regarding to the event entry or product they have purchased. The Organiser agrees to unconditionally accept honour and fulfil all commitments as stated on your THE RACE ORGANISER LTD event entry description.
Following this transaction responsibility for all communication regarding the event will be undertaken by the Organiser.
4. Service Modification/Suspension
The the race organiser website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is unable to offer warranty that the website or its associated digital processes will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. THE RACE ORGANISER LTD reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the theraceorganiser.com site (or any part thereof) for any reason or no reason with or without notice. We are unable to accept liability for any disruption or non-availability resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure,Force Majeure, legal restrictions or censorship. The Organiser and the Buyer agree that THE RACE ORGANISER LTD shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinued service.
THE RACE ORGANISER LTD reserves the right, at any time, to suspend or permanently remove any or all events published by an Organiser that is/are deemed to breach of these T&C’s (or Our associated agreements) where there is doubt about the details/content or any other material of the event or product provided.
Organiser and Buyer Responsibilities
Event Organisers are responsible for all activity occurring under their respective User account and shall abide by all applicable local, national and/or foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Service, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
- notify THE RACE ORGANISER LTD immediately of any unauthorized use of any password or account or any other known or suspected breach of security
- Report to THE RACE ORGANISER LTD immediately and use reasonable efforts to stop immediately any copying or distribution of Content that is known or suspected by you or your Users
- not impersonate an THE RACE ORGANISER LTD member of staff or another THE RACE ORGANISER LTD user or provide false identity information to gain access to or use the Service.
- agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of website usage (and any associated documentation referenced therein) and will not use our Services in any way that
· Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, infringing, harassing, racially or ethnically offensive or will include obscene material or reference
· Depicts sexually explicit images
· Facilitates illegal activity
· Promotes unlawful violence
· Is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour sexual orientation, religious belief, disability or is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property
Event Organisers understand and agree
- that THE RACE ORGANISER LTD may review and delete any content, messages, course maps, photos, videos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of THE RACE ORGANISER LTD violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users.
- that You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other users.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you contribute, provide or make available any Content to the Site ("Your Content"), whether as an Event Manager, Buyer or otherwise, you hereby grant to THE RACE ORGANISER LTD a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, translate, publish, create derivative works based on, perform, display and otherwise exploit Your Content, in whole or in part, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, and to allow others to do so, without compensation to you or any other provider of Your Content. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the foregoing license, and that all Your Content (i) does not infringe, violate, misappropriate or otherwise conflict with the rights of any third party, and (ii) complies with all applicable laws and regulations (foreign and domestic). THE RACE ORGANISER LTD reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from the Site at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to Your Content) or no reason.
- THE RACE ORGANISER LTD allows for Organisers to insert links to other internet websites or resources. Because THE RACE ORGANISER LTD has no control over such websites and resources, the Buyer or any other user of the THE RACE ORGANISER LTD service, agrees that THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is not responsible, endorses or liable for any external content available on such websites or resources. The Organiser or any other user of the THE RACE ORGANISER LTD service agrees that THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is not responsible or liable for any consequences arising from the usage or reliance of any such websites or resources.
- PHOTOS - It is your responsibility not to upload an abusive photo, not to infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and not to use a design which other THE RACE ORGANISER LTD users may deem offensive. THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is not liable for any imagery that is uploaded by Organisers or Registered Users that infringes any copyrights or trademarks relating to the respective imagery.
Copyright and Trademark infringement
Any complaints, with merit, received by THE RACE ORGANISER LTD relating to Copyright and Trademark infringement by an Organiser or publisher on the theraceorganiser.com site will result with the “switching off” of their Event site on THE RACE ORGANISER LTD and their details forwarded on to the requestor. Any costs associated with this process will be passed onto the Organiser or publisher on the theraceorganiser.com site.
You can, of course, refuse to accept or block certain cookies and computer browsers have different ways of doing this.
For Users and Organisers to be able to use www.theraceorganiser.com website we have to ask for and store some basic personal information about you. By visiting our site to create an account or register for an event, you are accepting and consenting to the collection and use of this data in the manner described.
The data collected at the point of registration may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA ie staff who work for our FPM. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is NOT associated with or partner to any Organiser (its legal agents or its vicarious agents) or Event(s) displayed on the THE RACE ORGANISER LTD System.
THE RACE ORGANISER LTD is NOT liable for any injury of life, body or health, based on a violation of duty by Organisers, its legal agents or its vicarious agents.
The Buyer absolves THE RACE ORGANISER LTD of any responsibility for anything relating to the Event placed by the Organiser on the THE RACE ORGANISER LTD System or sent by the Organiser via THE RACE ORGANISER LTD emails.
Any claims from the Buyer, relating to anything prompted by/from/linked to the purchase of an Event, should be made to the Organiser.
Organisers and Users hereby agree that they are liable for all content, in whatever form, provided and made available through theraceorganiser.com and agree not to use the service to upload, post, email, transmit, broadcast or otherwise make available any content that is; unlawful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, invasive, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, harmful to minors, impersonating any person or entity, misrepresenting yourself, breaching fiduciary contracts, selling or advertising other products other than what is related to the Event, malware, software viruses, malicious code, inciting or breaking the any law foreign or domestic.
The Organiser agrees to defend, indemnify and hold anyone associated directly or employed by THE RACE ORGANISER LTD harmless with any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (direct or indirect) due to or arising from your content. You also agree to cooperate with all requests from THE RACE ORGANISER LTD relating to this matter.
THE RACE ORGANISER LTD reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate an Organiser’s account and remove all related content at any time for any or no reason for (a) failure to pay any fees and monies due by the Organiser(b) lack of usage of theraceorganiser.com (c) any breach of these T&C. Organisers agree that any termination can be implemented without any prior notice. The Organisers also agree that THE RACE ORGANISER LTD shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination.
Disclaimer of warranties
The THE RACE ORGANISER LTD services is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. THE RACE ORGANISER LTD makes no warranty that: (a) The Service will meet your requirements (b) The Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free (c) The results from the use of the service will be reliable or accurate (d) The Service or Events (or any part thereof) will meet your expectations (e) Any error will be corrected.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights, including in particular, trade marks, logos and copyright shall be owned by the party introducing the same.
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and THE RACE ORGANISER LTD shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and all the Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By entering an event hosted by The Race Organiser Ltd. you are confirming that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions detailed below, the contents of which we reserve the right to amend at any time. These terms may differ across events.
You agree to receive communications from us relating to the specific event for which you have registered.
You agree that any medical or emergency contact information you provide to us will be shared with the event medical provider to best ensure your safety in case of a medical emergency.
You agree that we may publish your personal information as part of the event results and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licensing or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but will not be limited to) name, club affiliation, team, race time and age category.
Your personal information will not be shared for any purpose other than fulfilling our obligation to provide the service for which you have registered unless you have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
You agree to adhere to the rules of the event as outlined by the race director, event staff, stewards, marshals, police or medical providers and in accordance with any requirements stipulated by any affiliated organisations (where applicable).
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications (including duplicate applications) and to withdraw entrants from an event who are acting in a manner detrimental to the enjoyment or health and safety of themselves or others. Such withdrawals will occur without refund and anyone that opts to continue does so entirely at their own risk.
We reserve the right to alter the time and/or date of the event, the course route, distance, fees or prizes and offer transfers in place of refunds if an event is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control.
In accordance with UK Athletics guidelines, we require event participants to meet the following minimum age requirements on the date of the event.
All entrants must be fit to compete and should, where necessary, seek medical advice prior to participating. Whilst every reasonable care is taken, entrants cannot hold the organisers, sponsors or landowners responsible for their health or safety whilst participating in an event.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SUPPLY ANY RELEVANT MEDICAL INFORMATION ON THE REVERSE OF THEIR RACE NUMBER PRIOR TO STARTING THE RACE. WHERE A PARTICIPANT HAS IDENTIFIED ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS/ALLERGIES, A LARGE RED CROSS SHOULD BY MARKED ON THE FRONT OF THEIR RACE NUMBER USING PENS PROVIDED AT RACE REGISTRATION.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the safety and security of items left at any staffed bag-drop, entrants cannot hold the organisers, sponsors or landowners responsible for any loss or damage to property or personal belongings left under the responsibility of The Race Organiser at an event.
By registering and participating, you grant permission to The Race Organiser Ltd. to use photographs, motion pictures or recordings of you or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
Cancellation, Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees are refundable until two weeks prior to the start of the event, after which such refunds will incur a £5 administration charge. Entry fees become non-refundable one week prior to the start of the event.
Subject to any price difference, transfers to an alternative event or participant (as a result of illness, injury or other circumstance) are permissible at no charge until one week prior to the start of the event, after which such transfers will incur a £5 administration charge. We reserve the right to refuse transfer requests received later than 2 business days prior to the start of the event.
Entrants are NOT PERMITTED to transfer their registration/number to another participant without confirmation from The Race Organiser Ltd. Participating in someone else's place can have serious consequences in the case of a medical emergency. Furthermore, the accuracy of race results is dependent on our ability to maintain accurate information about competitors and we reserve the right to disqualify any participant who does not adhere to these stipulations.
The Race Organiser will hold your data for 12 months following the event date. Contact (for non mandatory event communications) with you will be made in accordance with your consent