Plan ahead and book with confidence in 2021!
2020 was a year of cancellations and postponements. That expensive flight to Greece. Cancelled. That play you could not wait to see. Cancelled. Unfortunately races have been no exception to this.
The last seven months more races have been cancelled than taken place. As runners ourselves we understand the frustration that comes with this. The disappointment on losing the opportunity to reach your goals, to get that that finish line feeling and that well deserved medal.
Which is why we have been so overjoyed that we have been able to host some epic COVID-safe events for you (with more coming up later in 2021)!
But with the government constantly adjusting their policies to try and keep us all as safe as possible in these unprecedented times, we acknowledge that some may feel insecure in booking their races in advance.
Which is why we want to reassure you that with our flexible refunds, transfers and deferrals policy, you can book with us with confidence. Terms and conditions can be wordy and confusing so we have set out simply what you can expect if your race gets cancelled or you can no longer attend due to illness or restrictions.
So what happens to your race entry if your race gets cancelled due to Coronavirus?
- You will be contacted by us via email with the options for your specific race.
- In some cases your race will have been postponed. In this case you will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- If you can not make the new date then you will usually be offered a race credit for the same value as your entry.
- In cases where your race cannot be rescheduled, you will usually be given a race credit for the same value as your race entry, unless there’s options to a transfer to an obvious alternative event or a virtual event – when we’ll ask you what you’d prefer.
What happens if I have to withdraw due to being ill or cannot attend because my area is in lockdown?
- If you notify us within 7 days of booking your race (the cooling off period), and the race is still over 14 days away you will be entitled to a full refund.
- If you wish to transfer your entry this is possible free of charge if a request is made 7 days or more before the event
- If you notify us that you cannot attend after the (cooling off period) 7day window after you booked you race, you’ll be entitled to a refund in proportion to the amount of time before the event, reflecting our irrecoverable costs from counting on your entry.
- If you withdraw 28 days or more before the Event, you will receive a refund of 100% of the race fee.
- If you withdraw between 21 and 28 days before the Event, you will receive a refund of 75% of the race fee.
- If you withdraw between 14 and 21 days before the Event, you will receive a refund of 50% of the race fee.
- If you withdraw between 7 and 14 days before the Event, you will receive a refund of 25% of the race fee.
- If you notify us less than 7 days before your race that you have to withdraw then (you will not be entitled to any refund but) we will offer you a transfer to an alternate, comparable event. In such cases to cover administrative costs associated with such transfer of entry you may be asked to pay a small fee.
With a vaccine out soon and case numbers going in the right direction, we are hopeful that there will be a lot less cancellations in the next few months and instead a lot more COVID-safe, contact free races. But if your race does get cancelled you can be reassured that your entry is not going anywhere and we will see you at another event in the future.
Thanks for your support – you’re helping us get through these tough times and we can’t wait to be there for you when you get back to the start line.